Volunteer State Community College Logo
Home

TBR

Calendar Athletics Business & Industry Directory Site Map ESOL

LEARN IT!

Pride Online

Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning, & Assessment
Volunteer State Community College


Mission Statement

The Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment facilitates the integration of assessment, planning, institutional effectiveness and institutional research to encourage continuous assessment and improvement of academic programs and administrative services by providing leadership and actively participating in the strategic planning and evaluation processes for the College. Primary functions of the Office include

  • assisting and coordinating the development of unit effectiveness and assessment plans;
  • providing data about the College and its students and personnel for external agencies, governing boards, program reviews, accreditations, the federal government, and internal constituencies;
  • conducting analytical studies that provide information to support planning and decision-making;
  • preparing reports on the effectiveness and improvement of educational programs and administrative/support services;
  • providing leadership and support to the College strategic planning process.
Student Right-To-Know

The following information is provided in compliance with the federal Student Right-to-Know (SRTK) and Campus Security Act of 1990, which requires all institutions of higher education to disclose information about program completion.  The graduation and transfer-out rates are provided for all first-time full-time students who first enrolled at Volunteer State Community College during the fall 2004 semester.  The graduation rate includes all students who completed a certificate or associate degree in three years or less of initial enrollment at the institution.  The transfer-out rate represents students transferring to another Tennessee public higher education institution.   The graduation rate for full-time students first enrolled fall 2004 and graduating by August 2007 was 11.5%.  The transfer-out rate for this same population was 15.2%.  The combined graduation and transfer-out rate was 26.7%.  Graduation rates for athletes are as follows: basketball 0%; baseball – 12.5%; softball – 22.2%.  Transfer rates for athletes are as follows: basketball 50.0%; baseball – 37.5%; softball – 33.3%.  The combined rates for athletes are as follows:  basketball 50.0%; baseball – 50.0%; softball – 55.5%.  Additional information concerning completion rates of students may be obtained from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment.



www VolState.edu
INSTITUTIONAL EFFECTIVENESS, RESEARCH, PLANNING, & ASSESSMENT

home | 1480 Nashville Pike | Gallatin, TN 37066 | 615.452.8600 | 888.335.8722 | TTD 615.230.3488
Copyright © 2007 Volunteer State. All Rights Reserved. Volunteer State Community College, a Tennessee Board of Regents institution
.Please contact the VSCC webmaster for any questions or concerns regarding the VSCC web site. Privacy Statement - Computer Use Policy